The APCRG's Responsible Business Scheme
2015 APCRG National Responsible Business Champion award winner
On 15 July 2015 in a reception in The State Rooms , Speaker's House, APCRG Co-Chair Jonathan Djanogoly MP announced that London City Airport had been chosen by a Parliamentary judging panel as the winner of the Group's first National Responsible Business Champion award. Declan Collier, Chief Executive of London City Airport, received the award for which the company had been nominated by Rt Hon Stephen Timms MP (East Ham). Fujitsu UK and Urban & Civic plc were highly commended by the judging panel and Marks & Spencer (Loughborough), nominated by Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP, was the runner up for the 2015 award.
The 10 companies short-listed for the APCRG National Responsible Business Champion award were:
- Bakkavor Welcome Foods nominated by Gloria De Piero MP (Ashfield)
- Fujistu UK, Basingstoke nominated by Rt Hon Maria Miller MP (Basingtoke)
- London City Airport Ltd nominated by Rt Hon Stephen Timms MP (East Ham)
- Marks & Spencer plc, Loughborough nominated by Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP (Loughborough)
- Port of Tyne nominated by Emma Lovell-Buck MP (South Shields)
- Sony UK Technology Centre nominated by Huw Irranca-Davies MP (Ogmore)
- The Altro Group plc nominated by Sir Oliver Heald QC MP (North East Hertfordshire)
- The Wheatsheaf Inn, No Mans Heath nominated by Rt Hon Stephen O'Brien MP (Eddisbury)
- Urban & Civic plc nominated by Jonathan Djanogly MP (Huntingdon)
- WrightBus Ltd nominated by Ian Paisley MP (North Antrim)
View the full press release with all the details of the short-listed companies here.