We collect and process your personal data in accordance with applicable laws that regulate data protection and privacy. This includes, but is not limited to, the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and, from 25 May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) as well as the UK Data Protection Act coming into force at the same time (as these may be amended or replaced from time to time) (together 'Data Protection Law').
If you have any questions about this policy, what information we hold about you and how it is used, or want to exercise any of your rights under Data Protection Law (see below) please contact us by email here or telephone 0207 222 1265.
How we use your data
The APCRG Secretariat collects information obtained from individuals through this website or when they subscribe for membership administration/management and the other purposes set out below.
The information we hold is generally an individual contact name, member organisation (if applicable), contact information (e.g. postal address, email and phone number) and subscription details of the relevant individual professional member or organisation. You may also be provided with login details to access the secure member area of our website, which you should keep secure and not share with anyone else. Such information that relates to you as an identifiable individual is called 'personal data'. APCRG does not seek, nor do we record, the religious affiliations of individuals. Specifically, we may use such personal data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to maintain our own internal membership records;
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry or request that you may make;
- to inform and update you of relevant meetings, working groups and consultation exercises that APCRG may be arranging or participating in;
- to send you periodically the APCRG reports to which you have subscribed; and
- to communicate with you about your organisation's membership subscription.
In addition to communication via the website, APCRG may contact you in writing by e-mail and by telephone for the above purposes. We will not pass your personal data to any third party (such as an external public authority or commercial organisation) except where you have consented to us doing so or to the extent that we are subject to a legal obligation to comply. We do not transfer member personal data outside of the United Kingdom.
Occasionally your e-mail address may be visible to other users if you are part of a working group where interaction via e-mail is encouraged. Under Data Protection Law, APCRG gathers and processes personal data about individual members and contacts on the legal basis of it being necessary for us to do so in order to fulfil our obligations to our membership and/or in the legitimate interests of APCRG being able to conduct membership administration and act effectively as a representative body.
Links from our site and security
Our website may contain links to third party websites. Please note that these are provided for information only and we have no control of websites outside the www.apcrg.org.uk domain. If you view or provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its data protection and privacy practices and you should always check the privacy policies on that third party site for information about how your personal data is handled. While we use appropriate measures to keep data secure from unauthorised or unlawful access, please be aware that there are always inherent risks in sending data over public networks and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of all personal data disclosed or transmitted to us.
We retain personal data about you for as long as you are a subscribing member or we have you on record as being the designated contact point for a member organisation. Where your individual membership ceases or we are told by you or your member organisation that you are no longer its designated point of contact (for whatever reason), we will remove your contact details from our membership records within a reasonable period (normally up to 28 days). In some exceptional cases, we may retain your details for a period of up to 6 years so far as retaining your details is reasonably needed for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights.
Your data rights
In accordance with your rights under Data Protection Law, you can request information about the personal data that we hold about you, what we use that personal data for and to whom it may be disclosed to (if relevant). Where applicable, you can also request that we:
- correct personal data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete;
- no longer use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, such as sending you newsletters or other information promoting the APCRG (if relevant);
- erase your personal data if it is no longer needed by us; or
- restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if you do not think that we have the right to process that data or you need the data to exercise a legal claim.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please get in touch with us using the Contact details section above. We may require further information to verify your identity before we can respond. Please note that we may not be able to rectify or erase your data where we are required to process or retain your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with Data Protection Law.
If you believe we are processing your personal data other than in accordance with Data Protection Law and you are not satisfied with our response to a request, you may have a right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). For more information see: https://ico.org.uk/.
The APPCRG's website uses two types of cookies to enable the site to function. No information is used to gather marketing or advertising data and no data is passed onto any third parties. The cookies used by the site are as follows:
- A session cookie to determine if a member is logged in or not - this cookie is temporary and will be deleted by your browser at the end of your session.
- An optional (positive consent is required) permanent cookie to remember a member's user name.
Terms & conditions
All content on the APPCRG's website is provided according to the terms and conditions applicable to users of the APPCRG's website.
- BY DOWNLOADING ANY INFORMATION FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE EXPLICITLY AGREEING TO, AND ACCEPTING OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- The content of the APPCRG's website is subject to change without notice.
- The information contained herein is correct at the date of publication, to the best of our knowledge; however, it may be subject to revision and may be modified, supplemented or withdrawn.
- While the APPCRG owns the website, neither the APPCRG nor any of the other content providers accept liability for the accuracy or inaccuracy of any information, and neither the APPCRG nor the author accept any liability whatsoever which might arise from the use of the information provided.
- The authors' copyright is protected.
- Your attention is drawn to the fact that reproduction of content on the web does not constitute placing it in the public domain; our content providers' copyright stipulations are therefore legally binding.